OUR VISION FOR MINISTRY:
1. Creating and gathering for a variety of celebratory, dynamic, and meaningful worship.
2. Utilizing sound biblical Christ-centered preaching, teaching, and training to enable life skills discovery and faith formation.
3. Promoting Young and Youth Families ministries in which life skills, faith mentoring, outreach service opportunities, and relationship building around Christ and His Word are central.
4. Committing to involve every member of Christ's body in a role or task of supporting and reaching out with the Good News of Christ to bring someone else to Christ.
Young Families: Ministering to and through families with children from infants through fifth grade to provide interactive and age appropriate learning of Bible truths and stories; involving parents and children in simple and meaningful service in their community, and to developing faith and life skills at appropriate “life stepping stones” in a child’s life
Youth Families: Ministering to and through families with Jr. High and High School youth with recreational ministry and celebrative worship; building family A team-work and relationships through service projects to the needs of others; and focusing on youth to youth and adult to youth mentoring relationships
Celebratory Worship: Worship using contemporary and blended-traditional styles on Sundays and providing alternative times and types worship throughout the week to reach the youth and young adult population seeking a church home
Life/Faith Formation: Developing a three-tiered discipleship approach by working to reach those who are in crisis; providing life skill training for families and individuals; and by intentional, mentoring relationships and discipleship classes which lead people into a closer walk with Jesus and other believers.
A commitment to a Living Relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus:
• Committed to submit ourselves intentionally to the Lordship of our Savior, Jesus Christ
• Submitting every part of the ministry, worship, and fellowship of our congregation to the very spirit and will of Christ to be measured by its integrity with what His Word says.
A commitment to Prayer:
• Committed to bathe the ministries, activities, and decisions of this church from conception and planning to execution in prayer
• Committed to employ prayer in ministry to and through each other and to be led by laity in our worship, gatherings, and ministry
A commitment to "Everyone a Minister":
• Committed to "discipleship" not "membership" as our focus
• Committed to Grow in the use and understanding of the Word of God
• Committed that all associated with Lord of Life will be the doers of ministry.
• Committing to train and empower laity to conduct ministry on wide levels and in various ways to expand the effectiveness and reach of the ministry staff of Lord of Life Lutheran Church.
• Committed that all members will discover and deploy their spiritual gifts and talents to their fullest potential in a permission-giving atmosphere of ministry partnership
• Committed to mentoring relationships set up among young and old, alike; and multi-generational, service, and support small groups as integral parts of congregational life.
A commitment to Celebratory Worship:
• Committed to Gather in worship to introduce people to the full life of Jesus through worship.
• Committed to worship in which Word and Sacraments are valued as the means of grace
• Committed to presenting worship in a celebratory manner, touching all the senses, while being God-centered, Christ focused, and seeker-sensitive.
• Committed to worship gatherings from an evangelistic viewpoint and to provide a receptive church home for those who may be seeking the Lord Jesus and His full life.
A commitment to Minister "To-Through" Youth and Young Families:
• Committed to Youth and Young Families as a key building block in the ministry Lord of Life.
• Committed to an environment in which the children, youth, and their families have opportunities to Grow stronger, together, through service and play.
• Committed to Christ-centered families and youth exerting a positive impact on their peers and community.
A commitment to the priority of Reaching The Lost:
• Committed to Gather--not just Lutherans or already-discipled Christians--but those who don't know Jesus, who are not currently connected to a Christian church.
• Committed to Go as a group of believers who are sent and are always constantly sending
• Committed to send off and/or go off with core groups to begin new small groups and/or new congregations within our community